Larry Lam was born on November 8, 1969 in Hong Kong. He is known for his work on The Last Samurai (2003), 300 (2006) and Watchmen (2009).
Larry Lam has a 4th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, a black belt in Kung Fu, and is a boxer and kickboxing. He is an expert in Chinese and Japanese weaponry and can be seen fighting with the staff, kama’s, nunchaku, sword and tonfa’s. He was a competitor with Team Paul Mitchell.
Larry Lam holds over 20 gold medals in the North American Sport Karate Association (NASKA), trains national teams and thousand of black belts worldwide.
1989 Rookie of the year
1989-90 Top 4 in the open Division by NASKA
1993 First Place: LA Nationals / Mile High Classics / E.S.N. / Battle of Atlanta
Second Place: Boston Nationals / Blue Grass Nationals / US Open, Florida / Forms by NASKA
Eleventh Place: Supe Lightweight Fighting by NASKA
1994 First Place: LA Nationals
Second Place: Mile High Classics
Grand Champion: South Bay Open, Golden Coast Classics, Southern Championships
20 Time NASKA Gold Medallist
AKKF Hall of Fame
A martial arts Hall of Famer and recipient of numerous awards, honors, and titles worldwide, Mr. Lam has performed roles in over 100 films alongside such stars as Dwayne “Rock” Johnson, Vin Diesel, Ludacris, Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner, Keanu Reaves, Owen Wilson, Uma Thurman, Reese Witherspoon, Will Smith, Lucy Lui, Ben Affleck, Tom Cruise, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li. Notable films include The Fast and Furious 5, 300, Gi Joe, X-Men: The Last Stand, Elektra, Blade: Trinity, I Robot, Paycheck, Chronicles of Riddick, The Last Samurai, Matrix, Shanghai Noon, Romeo Must Die, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II & III.
He is also skilled as a Stunt fighting and Fight Choreographer, as well as a Stunt Coordinater.
Larry owns Kickstudio in Saratoga, California and lives with his wife, Leslie and son, Keanu.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND TRAINING
- 25 + years martial arts experience
- Black Belt Level
- 20 – time NASKA Gold Medalist
- Top 10, NASKA Super-Lightweight Fighting
- NASKA Rookie of the Year
- IKKF Hall of Fame
- Dynamic Kicks, all expected abilities
- Machine Gun Kicks
- Former Member of Team Ma-Cho International Team
- Fight Choreography: “Hong Kong” style fights and reactions
- Former member of John Paul Mitchell National Karate Team
- Seven years professional international competitor
- Various Chinese and Japanese Weaponry (i.e.: bo staff, kama, swords, etc…)
- Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Kickboxing, Boxing, Trapping, etc…
- Featured Performer in over 100 professional live shows and events
- Trained the Australian, Guatemalan, Jamaican and Canadian National Teams
- 17 years business experience: owner / operator